Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Blender

Sunday was convocation which officially opened the semester. We started at Bridge Brewing Co.  Rmarie Beedit, our chaplain, gave a blessing, then lit her staff, and led us in a parade around campus and down to the ocean. Tiffany Mosienko ended the march with a dedication to the x, y, z axes.



Monday I began the second Blender class, and downloaded the latest version of the program. The second class was about how the editor works. Not so much how to create something, but rather how to use the symbols that mean open and close, how to resize a window, and how to get back to the 3-D view. Hint: it involves the info button. I say that for future reference because it took me a while to find it, after the toolbar I needed disappeared. I stopped at page 32, also for future reference.

Here is my Drinking and Drawing assignment, which was to draw a plant. I drew an aloe with a charcoal pencil and some sepia ink washes.


That evening, I attended Uni 101, where we talked about participation and how to accomplish goals. In Drinking and Drawing, we critiqued our plant assignment. Next week's homework is to draw a face.


No comments:

Post a Comment