Saturday, February 28, 2015

Mesh

One goal for this semester is to learn a computer program that will enable me to create original mesh. I have some mesh tutorials from Black Tulip. Today I finished reading the first one. Each class can be used inworld and attaches like a hud. They are convenient to use and inexpensive. The first one was an intro, defining terms like vertexes, edges, and faces. It also introduced concepts such as how a texture is wrapped around a mesh object, and included some examples to rez, texture, and tint. Here I am on my building platform contemplating mesh.


The process reminds me of the old Latin motto, "Festina Lente," which was used by the printer, Aldus Manutius, as well as by Cosimo I de' Medici. It means make haste slowly. Today I moved forward, even if slowly, and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment